Re: [NTLK] "Jaggies" and "rings"(?) [from newtontalk Digest V5 #405]

From: Lord Groundhog (LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 06:46:20 PDT

There's a way to get rid of jaggies?

I'm fairly new to the Newton, having finally gotten my 2100 only weeks ago.
At first it was fantastic, but just recently it seems to have begun
producing odd artifacts. Not all the time or even regularly, just now and
then. Most of the time everything works as if it had been custom-made for
me, which just makes these aberrations by the Newt that much more intrusive=
.

I've looked up the term in the FAQ and it appears that the artifacts in
question are called "jaggies".
(See: http://www.cat2.com/newton/Newton-FAQ/newton-faq-hardware.html )

While I'm at it, I've also noticed -- but only in certain kinds of light --
that there appear to be concentric "rings" under my screen. They look a bi=
like an oil-slick, but fainter. What is this phenomenon I'm calling
"rings"? Is it a familiar occurrence, and should I be concerned?

Could it be that there is a connection between the "rings" and the
"jaggies"? I.e., could the rings somehow affect the way the screen detects
and interprets my pen strokes, thus producing the "jaggies"? I've tried t=
see if any of the other causes listed on the above FAQ-page could be
responsible but it seems unlikely. In particular, the Pad was immaculate
when I got it and I keep it that way, and I usually use either a fountain
pen or a brush so I think I have a reasonably light touch. There's no
obvious sign of warping to the case.

TIA. =20

Shalom.=20
Christian=20

NewtonPad: the computer of tomorrow =8B yesterday.

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/

Come to our =FCber-MUG: http://www.oxmug.org/

~~~ On 2005/08/15 13:41, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote ~~~