Re: [NTLK] OT who invented the GUI was: OS X for Intel Cracked, Successfully Running on PC Hardware

From: Sushi (sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 15:49:25 PDT

Again, you might want to take a trip down memory lane and compare the
two OS: the PARC GUI and the first Mac OS.

Then you would clearly see that they were very different. Apple was
very innovative in creating a simple to use GUI based on a one button
mouse.

Additionally, Apple did not get the GUI code. Rather they got to
explore the idea.

This is much different than what Microsoft did when they created their
Windows GUI. They received 3 Mac prototypes to use for development of
their programs such as Excel.

I remember seeing the Windows APIs the first time and having to do a
double take because they were almost the same as the Mac OS.

Now with Longhorn (Vista) I find it very funny how one of their senior
folks recently tried to explain how Apple has ripped off their ideas.
Yeah right. Apple already has their OS working and deployed. Yet
somehow they ripped off the ideas from an OS that still has yet to make
it to market. Give me a break.

Sushi