[NTLK] 1984 was during the formative years

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 11:14:33 PDT

Re: The 1984 Super-bowl ad, behind the scenes
http://www.orijinations.com/HTML/Public/assets/movies/movies/
1984_evolution.shtml

<----snipped----> As luck would have it, one model, Anya Major, was
also an experienced discus thrower and was hired to play the female
lead because she looked the part and didn't get dizzy when spinning
around preparing to hurl the hammer.

Not to get too far OT, but upon reviewing my above URL and re-reading
the pages I discovered that my references to Anya Major, the hammer-
thrower lady information was somehow missing. She was part of the
tangled web of curious tales surrounding this epic event. Her
whereabouts since filming the movie shoot are a tale in and of
themselves, sadly with a dark side and personal problems that I used
to have included in this archive.

I'll see if I can research this and if in fact there was a Newton
connection surrounding the ad. One interesting point made was that
practically the ENTIRE annual TV advertising budget was used to
produce and then air this one 60 second spot. Perhaps it was a
factor in lessening funds available at the time to devote to the
Newton arm of Apple, I don't know. These were the formative years for
both Apple, and Newton, soon to be followed by the end of Newton