Re: [NTLK] Drawing Circles on 2100 using "shapes" mode

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 07:08:39 PDT

Sorry list, hit the wrong keystroke combo and mailed the previous
version unfinished. Vertexes, vertices, all the same...

On Aug 23, 2005, at 6:34 AM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> Here's a strange one: for the sake of speed and screen real-estate
> (=3Dbeing
> too lazy to scroll or erase) I drew 4 circles one inside the
> other. I took
> no particular care to space my efforts, but the result was that
> Newt tried
> -- and very nearly succeeded -- in making 4 circles drawn inside
> one another
> evenly concentric. Only one spacing is clearly inaccurate. Is
> this thing
> programmed to 'guess' that one is trying to draw them evenly or was
> it dumb
> luck? Experimentation suggests Newt is guessing or assuming I want
> the
> circles to be approximately equidistant.

I suspect it does. If you draw lines they often snap to vertexes, and
highlighting seems to snap to intersections. There's some smarts
built into this. To draw small stuff, draw it on a large scale,
highlight the whole thing with a box, then drag the edges of the box
and it will scale in x and y. Drag inside the box to move it.

Don't forget you can double-tap drag to copy highlighted bits of a
drawing. With all this you can make some pretty complex drawings with
nice parallel lines, etc.

> I lo-o-o-o-ve this Newton!

We hear ya!