Re: [NTLK] [OT] [WAS "Re: Circles on 2100 using "shapes" mode"]

From: Goodwin, Greg P. (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 08:06:29 PDT

John,=3D20

Are you sure it's counter-clockwise and not anti-clockwise?* Absolutely
sure? Wouldn't you like to concede that if the Oxford English =
Dictionary
offers "anti-clockwise" as a legitimate word, it's acceptable at least =
to a
few people who think they might know something about English? ;)

NewtonPad: the computer of tomorrow =3D8B yesterday.

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/

Come to our =3DFCber-MUG: http://www.oxmug.org/

~~~ ~~~ ~~~=3D20
* Truth is, I grew up saying "counter-clockwise" and prefer it, but =
living
where I do, I find it easier not to quibble over something as =
unimportant t=3D
me as how to describe the opposite of "clockwise".

    Anti and counter... both would work. And both do work.

    How about retro-clockwise. ;)

 |||=20
 )|( Doctor Clu
/ | \ =20