Re: [NTLK] synchronization with XP

From: Tom W. (thenortherner_at_cogeco.ca)
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 05:33:48 PDT

Well, I have one going. I tried two with full slowness, but it seemed
really slow. I have an Athlon XP 2 gig machine.

I was looking in the NCU manual and saw the following:

If Install does not find COMM.DRV, it will not make any changes to
SYSTEM.INI and you must add the TSIVID.386 device driver to SYSTEM.INI
manually. You will need to make this change in order for Newton
Connection to function properly.

Is any of that applicable to XP?

Thanks for any help. I really don't want to use Basilisk. If I can't
synch with XP, I'll synch with my B&W, which works fine.

Also, what about the serial port settings in windows? Do they need tweaking?
Tom