Re: [NTLK] Help with Newton and Ethernet/WiFi cards

From: andrewfox_at_mac.com
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 20:33:39 PDT

Hi Michael,
Okay the not so good news first:)

None of your listed cards are supported period.

3Com Megahertz LAN 10/100 CardBus (Model 3CCFE575BT) - Newton does
NOT support Cardbus
Edimax Wireless LAN EW-7106PC 802.11b - not supported by More Wi-Fi
or Hiroshi's driver (maybe Cardbus?)
IBM 11 a/b/g Wireless (on rear: 802CAG Manufactured by Actiontec for
IBM) - Newton does NOT support combo cards
IBM EtherJet 10/100 Ethernet PC Card - not supported period.

For ethernet you will need a 3COM 589 series PC card. Either the C, D
or ET series are okay and supported by driver packages
For wireless the D-Link you mention may be okay if it's the 650 with
the teardrop shaped antenna. If it's the square antenna then NO.
Otherwise go find a Lucent WaveLAN Turbo Silver or Gold series. The
wireless card needs to be 5V and 16bit to be absolutely safe though
some 3.3V cards are supported by the More Wifi driver package.

Hope this helps

regards
Andrew