[NTLK] PreTec card data recovered!

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 12:13:24 PST

Well, I solved the problem!

I managed to use the hold-the-pen-on-the-left-side-of-screen-during-bootup technique to go through the data on the PreTec card. I used my spare Newton (just in case) and a four meg card to slowly activate and move package files and data from one card to the other. Finally, I was able to erase the remaining junk from the 32 meg PreTec card. Hopefully, this won't happen again. Oh, and I'm going to try to back up my data better in the future. Cross-Newton data migration -- what a PITA!

Matt K.