[NTLK] Locked up data on 32 meg PreTec card. Yikes! Help!

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 13:38:11 PST

Thanks Dave,

That's pretty much what I had to do to get the card functioning (see "PreTec data recovered!" posting).

While I was in the midst of going through each .pkg file, file extension, Notes file, etc, I had ample time to think about the necessity of each file. I ended up getting rid of some games and eBooks tht I was basically done reading. Also, I removed a bunch of old file extensions for apps that were not even on my Newton anymore!

I was really surprised at how much data the little four meg storage card could hold -- only had to go through the process two or three times to get the core data files offloaded from the PreTec card.

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan, USA