Re: [NTLK] LPR Printer Driver

From: Jake Bordens (newton_at_allaboutjake.com)
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 05:58:31 PST

I believe that my worksites are setup correctly. I did notice that
the LPR printer driver is not available on the worksite printer
picklist. I left that at 'none'.

No need to have an IrDA printer to test this, by the way, if before
it even gets to the point of looking for the printer over IR, the
network connect slip will appear (if the problem isn't isolated to my
Newton)

I am able to print successfully to both my LPR printer queue on my
mac (which writes the document to my desktop as a PDF) and to an IrDA
printer. However, you just have to freeze LPR or it will bring up
this connection slip-- which is a problem if you don't happen to have
a network card installed at the time (shouldn't be necessary for an
IrDA printer).

Jake