[NTLK] Bluetooth

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 15:14:44 PST

Hi all,
I've been trying to get the bluetooth internet sharing going between my Newt
and iBook. No luck so far.

I found some version of the scripts that were referenced in the Wiki
literature on the subject, and tried using them. From what I can tell by
looking at 'ps'/'top' and the files in /etc and so on, they don't succeed at
all. I am wondering if the situation for bluetooth net sharing has changed
under Mac OS Tiger (10.4.x)?

Other than the Wiki, and the tiny bit of info on the 40hz pages, is there
any good document on doing this setup?

Also, is it possible to transfer (via irDA, Obex, email, etc.) 'sketches' in
notepad? That is, when I used Obex to push a notepad entry to my Mac that
had no actual text but was just scribbles and such, I got a text file which
said 'ink ink ink ink ink ink' (or something like that). Obviously, it was
replacing the sketch items with the text 'ink' (I think it was 'ink'
although it might have been 'sketch'). I'm not talking about doing a screen
shot like NPDS could serve up... but transferring non-text notes to my mac
in some format that could then be opened and viewed for what they are -
vector artwork (or maybe it is bitmap artwork... heck, I don't know format
it is stored in..!).

Thanks!