Re: [NTLK] PowerBook 1400 worth upgrading?

From: Cwashiidcvrmtrs_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 17:44:27 PST

In a message dated 12/12/05 8:13:40 PM, Catzindustries_at_verizon.net writes:

>Oh you have the old G3 card? Those things cost a human arm and leg!

Yes, you betcha! I obtained mine enclosed in a 1400cs that I purchased from a
computer salvage store (that was not aware of what they had, OR did not care
to even look because it was an Apple) for $20.

>How is it compaired to your desktop Mac (oh please dont be a Windoze user!!)
>Compaired to an iMac how is the performance?

:-)
Well, in an analogy with another dirty habit out there(!), I use a little
windoze on the side, I'll admit. But it is purely non-recreational (at work) and
I do not download! ;-)

No, I am a Mac User since '85; Powerbooks, PCI PPCs, Beiges and iBooks (and
Newtons!) are my toys.

If I had to compare my 1400c 400mhz's speed to anything I have, I would say
it is on par with a PCI Bus Mac G3 in the 250-300mhz range.

Craig W.

"Resident of Planet Newtonian since '94!"
MP 2100, eMate