Re: [NTLK] eMate totaled. :'( How can I get the data?

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 18:53:53 PST

Apple Help wrote:
> Thats a scam! A lousy backup disk for a eMate? Check ebay and see how much
> the eMates are really worth! About 50.00 thats how much even broken there
> pretty high in price!
> Bye

hmmm if i recall he was offering the SERVICE of recovering YOUR data to
a cd plus a 20MB memory card. they scam would have been if he took your
stuff and failed to deliver anything. hmmmmm i wonder how much it would
cost to have ontrack recover your data.. oh wait i know, they START at
$1000 USD to even LOOK at your standard hard drive. now then an emate?

so what's your data worth? what's the emate worth? are both together
worth more than the SERVICE of recovering plus a memory card? if not
then I guess the price is to high and I personnally would decline. if it
were mine I'd GLADLY do so as MY data is easily woth that. but I can't
see loosing it and saying scam. a simple no thanks would have been adequate.

my 0.02 USD worth

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.