[NTLK] Powerbook Dropped

From: Noah Christopher Leon (moosefuel_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 20:20:34 PST

Hi everybody,

As I was helping a friend do some recording for his small band the
other day, he moved a chair which pulled a wire and yanked my
Powerbook G4 667 mhz right off the table!

After the initial shock wore off I picked it up to find that the
outer casing, the part that surrounds the Titanium part, was
completely cracked up and coming apart from the base--very bent and
small pieces missing everywhere on the side.

I am afraid I don't know much about the construction of these
beauty's. Does anyone know, is it possible to replace the outer frame
of the computer? It broke pretty easily, so is it just for decor with
something stronger underneath? Although it's cracked I am afraid to
try to look underneath--I might break something more. I'm also afraid
that Apple may not have the parts, or that it will cost me a fortune.
Has this happened to anyone else?

noah