Re: [NTLK] Trolling - was "Powerbook Dropped"

From: L.W. Brown (lwb_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 22:11:38 PST

This is the seemingly innocent way one of our two trolls started, and
with an address that says "moosefuel" it is likely that we have been
targeted by another member of a group of the sort of folks that have
ruined IRC and usenet. Or maybe it's just one lonely person with a lot
of free (or hacked) mail accounts. I guess he/they get kicks out of
yelling in the middle of a pleasant conversation. Similar folks just
went on a rampage in Sydney - different reasons & causes, but similar
mentality...
Still proposing & volunteering for moderation - this list has been too
valuable to me even in a short time to lose it...
A less work-intensive approach would be to moderate posts from new
members for some probationary period of time, then let them post
freely...