[NTLK] DIng...Dong...The Troll is Dead...

From: Gary Moody (gmoody_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 10:52:02 PST

As Victor's previous post stated, the Verizon accounts where this originated
with is now banned...the troll(s) is gone.

As for impunging Frank Grundel's character, this was probably the most vile
thing I've ever heard on this list. Frank has done huge services to the
Newton community over the years. Even the implication is infuriating to
most of the list, particularly the "elders". I almost posted a response,
but as Victor said, "Don't feed the trolls..."! If, because of this, you
have ANY question about Frank's character or reputation, send me a post
off-list, and I'll tell you personally what a great guy and valuable
contributor he is to our little community.

Lastly, this is an unmoderated list by design. We self-police here, and
only call on the "List-Mom" (Victor) when it becomes absolutely necessary.
Victor has enough going on in his life, besides keeping the NewtonTalk list
up and operational, to spend time refereeing arguments on this list. Most
times, this self-policing is enough. In the case of this troll, it wasn't,
Victor was informed, and the troll had his card pulled.

Moderated lists stay strictly on-topic, most times boringly so. Most
off-topic posts are of some interest to a number of NewtonTalk users. So,
by simply following the required etiquette of prefacing the subject line
with "OT" segregates the issue from the on-topic stuff. Folks that do not
want off-topic posts can simply filter based on this preface. Everybody's
happy! AND, if it weren't for OT posts, I wouldn't have a clue what Poutine
was! ;)

Thanks and Regards,

Gary