Re: [NTLK] Newton 110 Hand reconition is horrible. Connection issues

From: Richard (newtontalk_at_rssternberg.org)
Date: Sat Dec 17 2005 - 22:42:39 PST

Well, whether you are the same Graziano who had the email addresses
applehelp_at_verizon.net and catzSomething_at_verizon.net and was trolling
here quite recently is not for me to decide. The list owner can
resolve that quite unilaterally without my help. But, as long as you
are pleasant and fun to be with, I couldn't care less whether you
were that person. Your grammatical mistakes are very similar, your
last name is the same, and your ISP is the same. Don't be surprised
if a few people don't want to answer you and are a bit sensitive at
least until you apologize on behalf of your doppelganger. But, it
isn't my call to make, and, if it was, I'd welcome you as long as you
added to the community.

Now, to your question: Graffiti was included in the Newton OS. IIRC,
it was renamed Graffiti when it was ported elsewhere. Graffiti is the
software which substitutes a series of non-ambiguous single
characters for the Roman alphabet. You learn the new way to make
letters, and then you enter those forms on the screen instead of as
printed normal letters. For example, the symbol for the letter "A" is
an upside down "V". The computer distinguishes between that letter
and a "7" by the orientation of the screen. But, the symbol is much
easier to decode than the normal alphabet "A".

I can't recall whether the 110 would accept OS 2.0. I recall that the
120 did. I vaguely believe that the 120 came with 1.3, and I vaguely
recall that the 120 was the earliest model that could be upgraded to
OS 2.0. But, that is an indistinct recollection. Maybe someone else
here knows better than me. Maybe they are even willing to respond to
a Graziano from the ISP verizon.net.

Merry Christmas to you, as well.