[NTLK] OT - Palm OS device? Which one?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 17:40:20 PST

Actually, this isn't so off-topic. I leave for Poland in a couple
months, and I want to take back with me a Palm computer for two
essential applications that I cannot get for my (temporarily damaged)
2100.

1 is Bible software. I have a couple specific programs in mind, but the
important thing here is size. It takes lots of disk space.
2. Polish-English dictionary. Again, I have the app in mind, and it
also takes a bit of space.

My other requirements, other than removable media is that it use later
OS, be color, and---most importantly, of course, it has to feel
comfortable with my Newtonized mind. Which Palm models, in the opinions
of those on the list who use both, do you think I would be most
comfortable with? I think I would prefer a non-silk-screened Grafitti
area, and like the flip-screen Clie models with built-in keyboards, as
I doubt I can get used to Grafitti. :-) I'm curious if there will be
any consensus on this list. :-)

Oh, last criterion. CHEAP! I am looking used, so out-dated models is
not a problem unless a particular model had some fatal flaws. Fire
away, but no flames, please. And no, I have no intention, this time, of
dumping my Newton. I use it for some very important things, and don't
think I will even sync my Mac address book and iCal to the Palm. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland