Re: [NTLK] A second 'aluSTAND' prototype

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 06:55:44 PST

I've tried the Lego Factory, but wasn't able to find the complete
selection of parts. Also takes a long time to make anything with it,
better for a kid with more patience. I was inspired to start the
project when I found a Lego outlet in Windsor, Ontario that sold
bricks by the bag and they had the transparent green ones as well as
the hinges. Needed to buy a couple of "Bionicle" sets to get some of
the special pieces. Three trips back and a lot of redesign (and more
$ than I'd planned on) later I had what you see. I particularly like
the two-position feature, quite useful. Also the cord holder.

If anyone would like to copy the design, feel free, hope the pictures
are clear enough. One of the best things about Lego though is
designing your own.