[NTLK] An early Christmas gift from the Newton Museum

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 15:16:44 PST

December 22, 2005

At first, this sale announcement somewhat saddened me. It looked like lots of valuable (from a research standpoint) manuals and software ould potentially be lost in another collector's zeal to grab this collection. Then, I thought a bit more about it. The stuff isn't really doing anybody any good sitting in this collector's house, gathering dust. Perhaps this is the mechanism by which some of the Newton paraphenalia will be re-distributed across the galaxy. I just hope it doesn't just end up in some collector's hiden repository (i.e. basement) somewhere.

People to maintain and keep track of archival materials for public distribution? That would be DJ, Marty, and myself. :O) I would be especially interested in researching some of the software and manuals.

"Most of all I'd love for you all to read/see/enjoy what can be archived here. Please \
let me know through the list who I should send the DVDs to"

Matt K.

P.S. Oh, and SCREW Apple. I can't believe some folks are STILL worried about some danger of Apple litigation. They abandoned the platform, stopped support for customers, and put thousands of software and hardware developers out of work. The Newton subsidiary company is defunct now. Looks like it's catch-as-catch-can, as far as I'm concerned!