[NTLK] [ANN] The Monkey's Paw

From: Alex Lećo (alexleao_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 07:35:08 PST

Hi guys,

I would like to announce the horror short story that I use as a "lab"
for some BookMaker explorations. And thanks to the support of DJ
Vollkasko, it is here:

----
http://www.stillnewt.org/library/_Fiction/_Fantastic%20Literature/_Horror/Jacobs,%20W.%20W.%20(1863-1943)%20--%20The%20Monkey's%20Paw%20(1902)/
----
This is the most anthologized horror-macabre short story: "The
Monkey's Paw", written in 1902 by W. W. Jacobs (1863-1943).
The tale is about a cursed amulet made of a hand of a monkey that
reaches an English family, bringing great terror to them. The amulet
has the power to realize three desires to each of three different
people. But the price is always too high...
This NewtonBook has some special layout and interactive features
compared to normal NewtonBooks:
- A system sound (trill) will play when you open the book.
- In the cover you'll see a "generic NewtonBook illustration" prepared
by me. I wish to include it in all my NewtonBooks. If you want to put
it in your own NewtonBooks, just drop me a line! :^)
- If you tap the name of the author in the cover, a picture of him
will be shown in a pop-up view.
- There are margins separating the text from the border of the book,
so the reading will be more comfortable (I hope).
- The page's headings appear only in the internal pages.
I hope you enjoy the story and the features. Let me know what you
think about it.
--
Alex Lećo