Re: [NTLK] TimeTrax Links?

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 20:37:38 PST

>As a data point, I also use MoreInfo in conjunction with TimeTrax.
>MoreInfo allows linking of names, dates, notes, calls.
>
>-Tomom

You say that you use MoreInfo and TimeTrax.

I currently depend on TimeTrax to manage my To-Do's, and my calendaring
needs. I find TimeTrax about as perfect as it can get for my particular
needs. However, it sure would be helpful if there was a way I could link
objects [names, dates, or whatever I can] to one another.

This is very interesting to me from the perspective that, having no
knowledge of the NOS database structure, it is possible to commingle
applications that use the same data files.

To this point, I've been very careful not to create a Pandora's box of
renegade applications on my 2100 for the sole purpose of avoiding the
potentiality of data corruption resulting from too many cooks spoiling
the broth. That is to say, my entire approach based upon a few years of
experience has taught me that the more complex a thing is the more
likely it is to fail. That having been said my bottom line question is
this: Is it perfectly "safe" to run these two power apps on one Newton?

If the answer is "yes" then I guess I'll have to self-actualize and put
my money where my mouth is. It would be heaven. But as I say, not
knowing how the database engine in the NOS operates, I need to know one
way or the other.

Clearly it is possible for two or more apps to manipulate data without
any adverse effects. It's done all the time. File locking,
permissions, multi-users, etc. are just a few of the things going on
behind the scenes with traditional enterprise based data, but if my gut
feeling is right then the people who designed the NOS took all this into
consideration. I just need someone to put it all in perspective for me.

TIA, John