Re: [NTLK] Package Buddy

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 07:45:15 PST

Victor,

Thanks for the suggestion. You are absolutely correct! I am trying to
dump the apps off the Harris ST2K for safe keeping - if a unit is
reset the non-built-in are lost and we would have no way to recover
them. I have one unit with most in not all the packages which I was
trying to dump to the PC or Mac.

Currently I have made a backup of the packages/system and restored
them to another MP (2x00) and am trying to dump them for
prosperity/archiving.

I'm wondering if there will be ANY legal issues to upload these to
UNNA? I know Varistor has a unit with some packages and he is trying
to connect via modem. I bid him much success!

One quirk I'd like to point out regarding Harris ST2K - It seems that
my units all boot up with an unusually high year. They either boot up
to 2040 or 2037... not sure if others with a unit powered on noticed
this or not but of the three units I have they all do the same. Do
their version of NOS have an limitation of 2010 like that of NOS 2.1?

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung