Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Einstein Emulator DR2

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 08:06:35 PST

Aux environs du 4/02/05 à 0:50 -0600, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK] [ANN]
Einstein Emulator DR2", James Nichols prit sa plus belle plume pour
écrire les mots suivants:
>On Feb 3, 2005, at 11:51 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:
>

>> - Added an option to choose RAM size (between 64K and 16320K).
>>

>Wait - you are talking about the Heap space - ram, the volatile memory
>space in which active packages programs and newtonscript actions take
>place? WOWEE! 16 megs of heap space!! - such could go to developer's
>heads!

Actually, this is space for programs indeed, but the additional space
is available as what is usually called the C++ heap (and not the
NewtonScript heap) only. With latest system update, a 16 MB emulated
Newton will have as much NewtonScript heap as a regular
MP2100/upgraded eMate.

Besides, I'm not sure I wrote about it in the README file, but the
Newton does a full test of the memory. This takes quite a while with
16 MB.

http://www.kallisys.com/newton/einstein/screenshots/einstein_dr2-memory.png

Paul

--
Ministre ultraplénipotentiaire en disponibilité.
Baignoire à vendre.