Re: [NTLK] timer for newton

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 07:53:28 PST

>what I would like to find for ANY platform , but the
>newt preferrably since its so portable, is a cascading
>timer.

A darkroom timer is currently on my (ever expanding) list of "newton programs to write". I'd forgotten about agitation intervals, will have to include that. I've always preferred a Gra-Lab myself, like to see the sweep.

Just wrote a "one-liner" that does the basics of what you're after. In a protoTextButton I set the buttonClickScript to:

func()
begin
    for bling := 1 to 5 do
           AddDelayedCall( func() PlaySound( ROM_funbeep );, nil, bling * 2000 );
end;

Not saying this is the best way to do it, but it will "bling" every two seconds, five times. I'll leave the rest of the details as an exercise for the reader :-) Programming for the Newton is not that hard once you get into the swing of things.

Course you could wait six months to a year and I'll eventually get to it...