Re: [NTLK] eMate battery substitute?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 10:24:27 PST

I agree here...while it may be tempting to use a
"newer" technology battery, Lithium cells have a very
bad habit of exploding and catching fire when
improperly charged...(there are may reports of
batteries catching fire from popular phone
manufacturers and laptop companies)
I would suggest that you not persue this replacement
battery and just solder your own pack.
Ed
web/gadget guru
Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton:
http://newton.tek-ed.com

--- Johannes Wolf <mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int>
wrote:

> Adriano,
>
> I think you will be much better (and cheaper) by
> DIY:
> have a look here:
> http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_battery_pack.html
> There is the little thermistor for reading the
> battery temperature that the
> Lyra battery for sure does not have.
> The other point is the capacity: I am pretty sure
> that the capacity of the
> Lyra battery pack is less than what you can achieve
> with DIY based on actual
> NiMHs with 2000mAh and higher...
>
> Cheers
> Johannes

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial