Re: [NTLK] Can the Newton measure room temperature?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 01:34:34 PST

I think you misunderstood a bit:

the discussion was WHERE the actual two temperature sensors inside the Newt
are located.
One of them is in the battery pack and the other one is attached to the LCD.
Thus the one attached to the LCD will give a good reading of the room
temperature in case you leave the Newt for a while to let the temperature of
the LCD adapt to the room temperature.
If you expose the LCD to direct sunlight, it will warm up quickly and the
temperature reading will be accordingly high.

Regarding the LCD temperature module I mentioned: this is an electronic
module with LCD display that has some features like min/max memory, built in
clock, switching outputs and also a serial data output. There is a
temperature sensor built in or you can attach an external temperature sensor
to the module.

As far as I understand what you are looking for is kind of a data logger.
I do not know what you mean by oscilometer.
But what ever sensor you intend to read - I could see a little application
of a PIC controller, reading all the required sensors and having an serial
interface that can be attached to a Newt of course.
The software to start with on the Newt side would then be a terminal program
that enables you to store the received data in a note.
Then you could import into a QFigure spreadsheet and do some graphs, what
ever you want...

Cheers
Johannes