Re: [NTLK] Dead eMate (formerly eMate Batteries and Flashing Screen)

From: Glen Givens (CGivens3_at_neo.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 12:47:21 PST

> From: <Adamson_at_aol.com>
> Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:54:21 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: [NTLK] Dead eMate (formerly eMate Batteries and Flashing Screen)
>
> my MP2100 has many, many programs from i++ to Dashboard
> to, Bookmaking. Will they all beam from one to the other?

 I just beamed NoteThing from my UMP2000 to my eMate with the memory
upgrade. You will have to go to the inbox, select the beamed item, and
choose to put away. Either tap on item or check box and use envelope
(routing) icon in the lower right corner. I am assuming this method will
work with other icons.

> there a USB to serial? I've read some of the FAQ's and the Keyspan seems to

 I have been using the Keyspan USB to Serial adapter with no problems (OSX
connecting with Escale, NewtSync or OS 9 connecting with NCU, Note Thing,
Newton Press).

> Is there a best method of syncing or is
> that still the problem that it was and the reason I last abandoned the Newt.
> Never, ever again, if I can help it.

  I have had some success with syncing using NewtSync, but not reliable. I
am not complaining, merely disappointed that the much appreciated efforts of
others did not become a success. Names leave ghost entries and I believe
some Name cards were corrupted (viewclass missing?). Dates would not bring
the attached notes with them. Note syncing might work, but I think I tried
to sync too many at once.
  I have resorted to (from the advice of another Newtoneer) to use the
Newton as the main machine and use the desktops for manipulations not
available on the Newton. The Newton will always be by my side, makes sense.

--
Glen Givens
Newton Addict