Re: [NTLK] Mah-jongg game "EJan" for Newton

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 17:21:18 PST

Here's my understanding of the game as I've discovered while playing.

There are Four Players.
I will refer to them as Player 1,2,3 & 4 (yourself) in sequence from
Top to Bottom..

There are Four Radio Buttons visible at anytime.
I will refer to them as 1,2,3 & 4 in sequence from Top to Bottom.

There are two sets of Radio Buttons.
I will refer to them as Set A & B.

When you start a game you will see that Player 1 has discarded a tile.
Radio Buttons Set A

1-Finish Game

2 & 3- Are used for Picking Up tiles. I'm not sure how to distinguish
the manner or rules of which one to use but I've used one or the other
to Pickup a tile a Player (1,2 or 3) has discarded.

If you are familiar with the basics of this game you will know that
picking up tiles are for completing a set of three tiles in
sequential order such as 1, 2 & 3 or completing a set of three or four
tiles of the same type and/or numerical value. I've been able to
pickup a tile to make the third tile of a type of the same numerical
value. (Have not figured out how the pickup a tile to make a fourth
tile of a type of the same numerical value.)

4-NEXT (just as labeled to proceed to the next player's move.)

Radio Buttons Set B

1-This one is to end the game because you completed your hand by
picking all the tiles by yourself and NOT getting any tiles from
opponents. (this was due to the translation of my father who also read
some Japanese)

2,3 and 4- Your guess is as good as mine as I have not been able to
figure it out yet.

I hope this will assist those trying this game out.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung