Re: [NTLK] NewtSync difficulty

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 23:28:51 PST

On Feb 13, 2005, at 7:38 PM, Larry Young wrote:

> Me too, I tried using Nytsync and was able to save my notes but when it
> came to my
> address book on my mac, it duplicated entries, created new entries
> with existing names
> and took a long time to delete, did it twice, created names again.It
> never added any names to
> my Newton.
This is not news or a surprise. Newtsync's Address book plugin isn't
ready for prime time.
> I have been reading intently about the Einstein Project
> desktop emulator but don't
> understand what exactly it does. Will it help with syncing or any of
> the other process'. People are
> excited about it but I don't understand why. I understand that it is
> for moving the Newton over to
> another platform but why would I be interested yet?
True, I suppose if you are satisfied with the existing Newton hardware,
  which to a great extent I still am as well. Yet Einstein offers not
only the promise of migrating to newer, faster platforms, but also the
ability to extend Newton os in significant ways.

> I read where Palm Desktop using Claris organizer is the best way to
> Sync the Address book, calendar,
> and notes. I downloaded the Palm software but it's greek to me. Maybe I
> have to spend a few more weekends
> trying to make it work. Anyone using this method and does it work well?
> Is the set up simple and I'm just not getting it?
Don't know it always sounds like a pain to me.

> I use my Newton a lot for my business and lost my information once and
> really want to save it to my mac.
Use NCU to backup your Newton's data. Then you can restore it or
another Newt in case of catastrophe. No this doesn't let you use the
data on your mac (heh), but at least your butt is covered.

Marty