Re: [NTLK] High Quality replacement MP2x00 white backlights

From: Mike Detlefsen (mdetlefsen_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 11:26:08 PST

Unfortunately not. With FilePad, something as simple as a field that
can be sorted by date requires you to jump through hoops in
NewtonScript to do. Plus, the scrolling capabilities are pretty much
non-existent, as they are with all the other Newt databases. At best,
you can page through the entries. NewtDB still remains the one I liked
best for ease of use and feature set, although it was far from perfect.

I may use databases a lot more than other people, I have 6 of varying
sizes that I routinely use that need two-way syncing with FM Pro on my
OSX machine. This is seamless and automatic with the Palm, so that's
the direction I went for that use. The Palm is also much, much faster
at sorting. That gorgeous color screen doesn't hurt, either.

Sic Transit Gloria Newton

Mike