Re: [NTLK] hello from puerto rico

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 18:20:00 PST

yes the eMate is a very useful Newton. it uses Newton operating system
2.1. It has the capacity to browse the internet, though slowly and can
do email though I don't know about aol mail.
You can connect to Newton Connection Utilities running on a serial
equipped Mac using a serial printer cable.
you will need to do preventive maintenance on the lid tensioning
spring, and don't use a power adapter that is not Newton labeled.
I recommend that you spend a little time playing with it and if it does
not come with the eMate tour, down load from unna.org to discover the
basics before trying to set it up for ethernet or wireless.
Welcome to the list

Woody