Re: [NTLK] problem

From: Philippe Godin (qautchat_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 23:06:41 PST

 --- Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> a
écrit :

> On Feb 15, 2005, at 10:47 AM, Henry W.Gratwick
> wrote:
>
> > hmm, he claims the Bronze has been tested and
> works, but I'v definately
> > seen evidence that it's very hit and miss.
>
> I have Clayton Mitchell's Lucent wavelan Bronze
> (not turbo) card here
> and have been unable it to work with any of my
> wireless gear. This
> includes the airport graphite base, a netgear
> MR314, and an imac
> running as a wireless base.
>
> All three of these setups work great with the silver
> or gold card of
> the same era.
>
> I am very frustrated by my lack of success with this
> bronze card,
> which appears to be good, and does light up as
> though it's going to go,
> and then never does.
>

> Any ideas from anyone on making this work? Does
> anyone on the list
> actually have a Lucent bronze (non turbo) working in
> a wifi setup? If
> so, what type of router/config?
>
> I am testing with WEP off and using a known good
> MP2000u.
>
> Thanks,
> marty

Unfortunately, as far as I know, The bronze card do'nt
work with Newton. Somme search in the Newtontalk
history confirm this point.
The turbo bronze work with airport graphite and snow,
but not whith airport extreme (exept sometime ??)
I've try a turbobronze with extreme airport and it
do'nt work, while the little lights brights.
Now, I have an enterasys card (Lucent chips) silver,
and it work perfectly.

Philippe