Re: [NTLK] High Quality replacement MP2x00 white backlights

From: Calvin (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 05:36:18 PST

Yes, and no.

Different Newtons produced more audible noise than others, and they all have Apple Backlights when they were made. The inverter circuit can change the way it sounds based on the EL backlight load that's attached, but the variations in the way different Newtons sound is affected by many other factors.

If we can make this bulk-purchase of green backlights happen, I'm hopeful that they'll be less noisy. But, that's not something I can even speculate on at this point.

--Calvin