Re: [NTLK] wireless access problem

From: Thomas A Isenbarger (isen_at_tds.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 07:36:57 PST

> The bad news is that I can't connect to the Internet with my newly
> installed Newtscape browser.
>
> I get this message:
>
> "Opening link problem connecting DHCP"

I get problems like this on and off with my Lucent card. If I set the
Internet Setup to use DHCP, then I usually get errors regarding DHCP
configuring my Newton. If I set Internet Setup to use a Manual
Configuration, then I usually get errors that the DNS server could not
be found. With either of these settings, it will "just work" correctly
every so often, and then repeatedly for a few times or a few days
before causing problems again, but I haven't been able to figure out in
a systematic way what is causing it to work or not to work. In all
cases, connecting with a browser works more often than connecting with
SimpleMail. Why this is so, I do not know.

--
Tom Isenbarger PhD
isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu