Re: [NTLK] GPS Mouse Antennas for Newton (was: Hiking Newton)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 12:06:26 PST

List: newtontalk
Subject: Re: [NTLK] GPS Mouse Antennas for Newton (was: Hiking
Newton)
From: RAParker <RAParker () Quadzilla ! NET>
Date: 2005-02-12 19:16:31
[Download message RAW]

> Even more impressive is the GPS mouse device itself. Small, sleek,
> powerful and affordable. I picked up my GPS mouse for $50 + $17 for the
> cable. It worked nearly right out of the box, of course, only after I
> picked up the right cable. Since I had an extra Newton, no extra cost
> there.

Ron, could you post a more detailed write-up on the Wiki? Like, what
specs would a GPS
mouse have to fulfill, which model you have, does it have it's own
batts or suck the Newt dry and all the (few) steps required to get it
to play, would it work with a MP 1x0 as well as 2k, etc.? Please?

I'm not in the market at this time, but there just might be a trickle of
cash flow towards me just before the paddling season starts, so it'd be
great to be able to check out a GPS mouse/Newton page then (don't want
to be
found floating *up* the river, eh?! ;=] ).

Come to think of it, does the Wiki have a GPS-FAQ & Link-page? Couldn't
find anything there, might be helpful, though.

Cheers,

DJV.