Re: [NTLK] Backlight installers ?

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 23:18:21 PST

On Feb 17, 2005, at 10:47 PM, Norman Palardy wrote:

> Looks like we'll be well over 50 at this point for new green backlights
> for Newton 2x00's without me having to buy 5.
> We have 55 spoken for so far.
>
> Anyone who can volunteer to install these for those people who want
> some one to do this for them ?
>
> I think we need :
>
> 2 in the US / Canada region (1 east and 1 west coast)
> 1 in the UK as there seem to be a lot of folks there
> 1 the rest of Europe (so far only spain is on the order list)
>
> There are a smattering of folks elsewhere (2 in Australia, US Virgin
> Islands) but the most are in the US and the UK so far

Just to clarify I dont mean "VOLUNTEER" as in do this for free as it
could be time consuming.

Everyone that has asked me about getting the backlights installed has
asked what the cost to get one installed would be.

I don't know; but I'll probably seek this out myself as I tend to
solder my fingers and not the item in my grasp. This would be a bad
thing for my Newt.

What I do mean is

        We need a few installers in the locations I pointed out. If you can do
this please let me know so I
        have a list that I can forward to people once the orders are going
ahead so they can get in touch
        with you and get theirs installed with a minimum of shipping fees etc.

        Thanks !