[NTLK] Backlight screen, wifi card and Knowledge Navigator

From: Gavin Hall (zoooctan_at_yahoo.com.sg)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 00:29:16 PST

First of all. I apologize...for bringing this up again
(and again).

Like many people on this list, I was and am upset
about the after sales procedures and costs that was
imposed on me for the two items I won. Specifically
this refers to the shipment cost and insurance.
However I have to say that unlike the rough or
careless attitude that sometimes is presented about
him...his replies to me have always been courteous and
willing to explain his point of view.

So much so that he's agreed to reduce my shipping /
insurance cost and give me more discount as long as I
pay by bidpay. I calculate that my cost now is down
from something like 120 to about 75...so I really am
in no position to complain about this guy at the
moment.
In fact I'm also of the opinion that if I won the bid
I should pay for it or complain to eBay and not whine.

However! I am a little concerned that many people on
this list seems to imply that the card I bought is NOT
COMPATIBLE to the Newton. Specifically it is a Lucent
Technologies Wireless WaveLan Bronze card.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5748603358&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

Can just someone please verify this?
Cause if it really is imcompatible, then it is a
totally different matter and something I need to
discuss with him...or not, given how someone's
mentioned that he reads all our postings anyway.

Thanks,

Gavin Hall