Re: [NTLK] IP number on Newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 09:20:09 PST

There is no way to do this from the Newton...for the
same reason that you can not PING from the
Newton...The Newton does not fully implement the
complete TCP/IP stack. It is rudimentary at
best...mainly because it was never intended to perform
in this capacity. The Newton has grown way beyond the
original creator's design. Encompassing realms of
technology that were mere twinkles in eyes of the
likes of Robert Metcalfe and Sir Tim Berners Lee.
Quite amazing when you get right down to it...
Ed
web/gadget guru
Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton:
http://newton.tek-ed.com (waaahh! It's down due to
issues beyond my control...at least until March)

--- Luiz Petroni <lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br> wrote:

> So, there is no way to do this directly from the
> Newton.
> Is this because it can't be done or because anyone
> did not write an app
> for it?
>
> Luiz Petroni
> -------------------------------------
> NewtMEDIA - Newton Merchandise & More
> http://www.compassoarte.com.br/newtmedia/index.html
>
> Michael Gorzka wrote:
>
> > In the past, I've been able to view the IP
> address that the Newt is
> > using through the router's administation Web
> interface.

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial