Re: [NTLK] [Q] Ebook reader probs

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 07:45:19 PST

> -- What's happening here? How can I get the book to behave and display?

Well it sounds like there is corruption in the package or in the press
file. I would try rebuilding the package and see if it works ok then.
If not then try changing the ISBN, and remake the package and if that
does not work, rebuild the press file. Oh another thing to try is
selecting all of the book and change the font/styles, then rebuild the
book. Some how Bookreader is seeing a error in the style information
for the book.

> (2) With some recently Press-made books I have found that the book=20
> reader (or maybe Newton Press when I created the book) sometimes=20
> doesn't seem to properly wrap lines within a paragraph. The line=20
> starts, then at the right end of the line the text breaks off and all=20
> the book reader displays is "..." (withouth the ", of course). The next=20=

The problem here is that the screen size is set wider than the display
is. That is why you are getting the "..." I can't say how it happened
as Press should size everything properly. But I would try switching
screen formats. Then go up to the Book menu then click on "go to page"
then click on the "last page" buttion. Rebuild the package and install.
  This should fix it.

-Dan