Re: [NTLK] Internet Setup for Bluetooth and a Cell Phone

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2005 - 23:54:45 PST

On Feb 19, 2005, at 11:40 PM, Craig Smith wrote:

> Marty,
> I have an Ericsson T39m phone. I followed the steps in the link for
> the login script. It gets to "CONNECT" and then does nothing and
> eventually times out.
I should have mentioned that you also need to have GPRS access through
your service providor.
> I thought there should be someplace where I enter
> the phone number of my ISP for my cell phone to dial. (Much like the
> infrared modem port on the Powerbook laptop) But there is no option to
> do so.
I wasn't talking about a dial up connection, but I am sure that is
also possible. That will only get you about 9600Baud in my experience.
  I think that would be achieved through a script as well...Don't have
the specifics on that though. I would google for "newton cell dialup"
and see of that helps?

Anyone using a bluetooth cellphone dialup from there newton?

> Also, I'm not familiar with GPRS setups.
GPRS is a data service that many cell phone companies provide. Usually
you need to have it enabled and/or pay extra for the service. T-mobile
USED TO provide it free for the asking, but that is no longer true.
The phone itself can usually access it's stupid ass little internet
browser (ie WAP) this way... Once the phone can successfully do so,
then the simple script I pointed you to allows the newt to use it also.

Marty