[NTLK] Incessant idiocy and unnecessary, repetitive discussions (eBay and the Law)

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 15:17:08 PST

I feel I speak for many within the Community when I say,

"Will you F-ing a-holes STOP the continuous discussion on the merits of reporting eBay improprieties?! You are giving the 'F-person' just what they want: media exposure and disruption of the Community bulletin board."

I am so sick of seeing what looks to be a new Newtontalk digest to be read and explored, only to find the 'F-person' topic being beaten into the ground. Stop already!

Also, I believe that some of the so-called postings of 'innocent newbies' inquiring about the eBay wh_at_re are in reality, that very person (or a buddy), trying to either get his name 'up on the marquee' or just irritate the H&ll out of us. I think past poster-poser 'Shannon' was one of these alias characters, and I believe there are others.

Here is my proposed solution: When somebody claiming to be a newbie posts an inquiry about the 'F-person' and eBay, etc, merely refer them to past discussions on the list, and BE DONE WITH IT! If the poster continues to post inquiries, tell them to go read/F themselves (in no particular order).

Please do NOT respond to this posting. If you do, I'll know you're an idiot for wishing to continue the thread, and I will be forced to tell you to leap on a rolling doughnut. Thanks in advance.

Warmest regards,

Matt K.