Re: [NTLK] International purchases

From: keith (keith_at_vortex.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 03:02:55 PST

Sometime around 22/2/05 (at 7:15 pm -0800) Mark Jozaitis said:

>I was just wondering if on something
>like an Auction could one use a translator and
>successfully determine what it is they will be
>getting?

Well, as good as translation tools can help you understand any other
kind of page! I've used the Babelfish service at Altavista
(http://babelfish.altavista.com/) to translate a few eBay auctions
with reasonable success, although I only won one of them. You do have
to tread carefully to make that you do understand it properly of
course, but with a bit of common sense it can work pretty well.
Usually.