Re: [NTLK] ethernet pb

From: Ian (isoboroff_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 19:12:09 PST

No, that didn't do it, but running tcpdump and watching the packets
was nearly informative. (Debugging a network connection between a
Newton and a Mac is like interpreting between two blind people with
sign language.) If I let Dock use Zeroconf, I don't see any packets
on the wire. If I specify my Mac's IP address, I see a flurry of ARP
requests and acknowledgments go back and forth.

This leads me to suspect that some NIE module is at fault. Does
anyone know which one to try reinstalling, or should I just try to
redo them all?

I also discovered I was wrong that DHCP was working... my AP assigns
the address, but the Newton times out anyway. Manually setting an
address helps get past that, though.

Ian