[NTLK] Newton doesn't like the cold

From: Bret Feinblatt (bafein_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 07:13:03 PST

Hiya
I've got a 2100 (upgrade) running the last NOS. For the last year or
so, I've found that whenever I go outside during winter, even just for
a minute or so, it will restart and forget what it was doing last
unless I close all packages before going out. This doesn't happen in
warmer weather, BTW.
I've run BattTrax on it, and it generally shows the capacity to be 100%
until you plug it in, and then it shows capacity down around 20% or so.

I mention this because I'm wondering whether or not this could indicate
a battery problem or a problem with the logic board itself. I'm
considering getting a replacement, but I don't know whether I need a
replacement battery or a new Newt.

        Is there any way to determine where the problem is? I suspect a
battery problem, though I'm not sure what it might be.

Thanks

--
If you are not part of the solution, there's money to be made in
prolonging the problem.