Re: [NTLK] Wordsworth package?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 10:32:22 PST

> Only things I've come across which do provide a word count function are
> Landware's WriteStuff and StandAlone's Works Better, both of which cost
> money :( ... unless I'm mistaken.

Sadly I have not heard of it either. Sounds like a great little package
and if it does become avilable, rest assured I will be one of the first
in line to download it. ;) And far as works goes, those are the only
two packages that count words. There is one for Notes however, but it
is not a "live" count (actually neither is Writestuff or Works Better).

If you buy one of the packages, I would go for Writestuff. It has many
other useful tools as well and it is more stable than Works Better. The
only thing that Works Better has that WriteStuff don't is the ability to
do Headers/Footers and import a Note into Works. But as I said Works
Better is very buggy and I only thaw it if I need one of those two tools
(which is very rarely). For $10 I don't think you can go wrong with
WriteStuff. And I would also get Merlin/WordSleuth a Dictionary
Thesaurus package. It is also $10 but well worth it, and it will work
with any other Newton app. You can get both at www.landware.com/newton.
  If you need more details on Writestuff or Merlin/WordSleuth just let
me know.

-Dan