Re: [NTLK] New, But Getting Frustrated, Newton User

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 11:43:12 PST

On Jan 3, 2005, at 11:17 AM, Vaughn Corden wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2005, at 11:01 AM, Martin Joseph wrote:
>
>> If you can disable WEP altogether until you get it working that is
>> good. Besides, The Bronze card doesn't support WEP at all...
>
> I hear you loud and clear and your experience obviously trumps
> everything, but in the Setup window (or Slip, I should say...) there is
> a checkbox for "Use WEP."
>
> But I will try first with WEP off.

You realize I am sure that you need to have it turned off on both the
Base station/Access point and the Newton?

Also, even if you had a card which supported WEP (like the silver card
which support 64(40)bit WEP), My recollection is that was a feature
only available in the PAID version of Hiroshi's driver... Just because
the checkbox shows, doesn't mean squat :~)

Marty