Re: [NTLK] Einstein and 2100D ROM

From: NewtonMP - Paul Curtis (paul.curtis_at_newtonmp.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 07:14:51 PST

This makes me wonder what protection Apple has if the ROM dump is for
back-up purposes? Einstein is a way to preserve your capital investment of
the Newton MP with a known limited life span due to the type of ram used as
well as physics... So, why would it not be legal to "back-up" your ROM so
that you can continue to use it? Especially if you already own the ROM. I
could understand someone using Einstein that didn't own a MP2100, but if you
were an owner I don't see any legal action.

I'm not a IP attorney or anyone knowledgeable in this area, but common sense
dictates that this would be perfectly legal...

Regards,

Paul Curtis
MP 110/120 v1.3/120 v2.0/130/2100 x 3/NotePhone
www.NewtonMP.com (still coming soon)
Go Green! Go White! Michigan State Spartans