Re: [NTLK] PDA recommendations?

From: Josef Jahn (werewolf_at_playspoon.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 13:21:48 PST

Thomas Isenbarger wrote:
> Is the Zaurus still being developed? I thought I remember reading here
> that it has been discontinued.

It's been discontinued in Europe and the US, but it's one of the hottest gadgets on the streets of Tokyo. Their latest
model, the SL-C3000, features the same tablet-pc design of the previous models, a truly awesome 640x480 screen (!), CF
and SD slot, as well as a 4GB mini-hd. It took the WindozeCE-powered devices over one and a half year to finally catch
up with the Zaurus and offer a 640x480 screen. The main problem was that WinCE was hardcoded to a selected few screen
dimensions...

So... yes, the Zaurus is still being developed with new models coming out regularely - though Only In Japan (tm)

Josef