Re: [NTLK] Wifi Woes

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 14:11:11 PST

I know, I remember that the Apple Airport Setup utility performed a
conversion - giving you a hex key to enter in alongside the password.
Unfortunately this seemed to work only up to a 5 letter password (as if
password == ascii version of standard wep key, but telling the Lucent
drivers I was using to use the ascii Password wouldn't work - while the
hex code would) - worse, the person I was setting this up for demanded
a longer password (good for them) - completely breaking any chance to
use my equipment with it when I visited them (bad for me.)

J Tyler Nichols

On Jan 6, 2005, at 3:19 PM,